Video, Maps & More... A demo website Home Home Racing 70ís & 80ís Racing 70ís & 80ís My Pages My Pages Restoration Project Restoration Project Contributors Page Contributors Page Press Cuttings Press Cuttings Contact Contact Links Links Postscript Postscript
This page provides an update to the restoration of my Lambretta GP200 with details of any changes and modifications since initial completion in February 2008. May 2008 - New Hydraulic Disc Brake After about 500 miles I decided to replace the 'remade' Lambretta style disc brake with an outboard hydraulic, this is a very nice unit bought from ScootRS in Vietnam and provides a much appreciated improvement in braking. When you buy from this company you need to be aware that on top of the cost of the item + freight, you will also most likely have to pay import duty.
October 2008 - Carburation At this point I have now completed about 1200 miles on the GP, so its well and truly run in now.  During that time I adjusted the carburation, brought the main jet down slightly, there was quite a rich patch at about 1/8 to 1/4 throttle which required a weaker slide. November 2008 - Replaced Indian Gearbox During the restoration I retained the original gearbox, which was one of the oddball late Indian Vijay Super MkII efforts, this has a very low 1st gear and quite wide spaced ratio's on all the gears. However this was always with the intention of replacing it at a later stage; well that later stage has arrived and via ebay I have acquired an Li 150 gearbox for a good price. Using a 15/46 engine/clutch sprocket the gearing is virtually identical to standard GP200, although these do use an 18/47 engine/clutch sprocket arrangement to lighten the load on the clutch.
Dave Haywardís Scooter Racing Website